We are implementing new policies as we navigate through the COVID pandemic to protect the children and the staff by limiting exposure. We will adhere to the following procedures recommended by the health department as well as additional policies BFLA deemed vital:
DROP OFF AND PICK UP PROCEDURES
1. Parents will drop off children at the door (please do not take this as you not being welcome in the facility; it will aid in protecting us all).
2. A staff member will take your child’s temperature. If it is 100.4 or higher, we will not be able to allow them to stay for the day (no exceptions). Staff also will inquire whether your child has had any COVID symptoms such as a fever*, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, other respiratory symptoms, or at least two of the following symptoms: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
3. Once this check is completed, sign your child in using the Smartcare app on your phone or online through their website. It is crucial that you sign in so that we can account for your child’s presence for all state agencies that we report to or in the event of an emergency.
4. We will immediately wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
1. Children over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask (I purchased some child-sized, washable masks in the event that a child is in need). Staff and teachers also will wear masks.
2. During instruction times, children will be spread out in the room opposed to gathering around the teacher. We will assign seats for preschoolers and school age children.
3. After manipulatives, toys, etc. are used by one group of children, they will be removed from play and sanitized before another group can use them.
4. We have packed up all soft/porous items such as stuffed animals, dramatic play clothes and dolls with soft centers that cannot be sanitized regularly throughout the day.
5. We have designated floaters that will keep all surfaces wiped down, toys sanitized and will clean the restrooms on a schedule.
6. Our carpet cleaning schedule has been increased and we have an in-house professional grade cleaner to keep carpets fresh in between.
7. Staff will take children's temperatures throughout the day to monitor the onset of any symptoms.
8. Of course, our hand washing routine will continue. We also have hand sanitizer in the event soap and water is unavailable (i.e. outside time).
1. We will not take field trips.
2. Unfortunately, we also have to place birthday parties on hold.
1. Payments will be accepted through the Smartcare app only. We will not accept cash, check or in-house credit card transactions.
2. If your child falls ill during the day, they will need to be picked up immediately so that we can protect everyone else in the building.